Friday, October 28, 2011

i forgot about october.

so, in case you missed it {like i feel like i did} today is october 28th, meaning it's almost november. what the heck? october is usually my favorite month of the whole entire year, it being my birth month and all, but this year, i guess life has kinda rushed by and i didn't really get to enjoy october. i'm really just trying to keep my head above water with school stuff.

that's not to say that i didn't do fun things in october, because i did. and i have proof!

as is tradition, we went to utc's homecoming game and tailgated with austin's fraternity brothers. katie and lindsy both came into town and lindsy's friend ashley came to play, too.

and taylor came to hang out, as well.

and i just really want to share this picture. because it absolutely cracks me up.
obviously, whatever is happening in the foreground is quite humorous, but please note the pasta salad taylor and austin are pretending to have nothing to do with as it is all over the ground...

anyway.

for my birthday, the heards took me out to eat at one of my {and my momma's} favorite places- macaroni grill! i stuffed myself with breads and pastas and cheese, like always. and topped it all off with cheesecake, naturally. i only wish momma could have been there to enjoy it, too!

lucky for me, school thought we should be on fall break for my birthday, so i didn't even have to go to class. instead i got to stay home and cuddle with my puppy. and it's always fun to get cards in the mail on your birthday. like this one, from kasey.

after austin got home from work, i got to open my present from him- new boots! juliet helped, cause she's nice like that.

one of the best parts about having my birthday in october is that momma's birthday is just a few days after mine. of course, it would be much better if we were able to share some cake together.
i love you, momma! and i hope you had a good birthday!

last weekend, ben came over to carve some pumpkins with us, since our first attempts didn't last too long.

i think they all turned out awesome.

here they are up close and all lit up.



so that's about it for october. and i know it's not quite over yet, but just about. and austin and i have no plans for halloween happenings, other than handing out candy to the kids. we might dress up for that, but we might not. i'm also struggling through either a cold or strep or some other terrible illness that's making me suffer, so currently i have no voice. so... that's awesome.

oh, and one last thing. i have a new friend you need to meet.
this is baby kitty. baby kitty lives on/around our porch {but not for long} and likes to cuddle with me. as soon as baby kitty can get an appointment with the vet, juliet and dinger will get to meet baby kitty. and they will all love each other. and it will be super.

and i may or may not be turning in to this girl:
"... and their ears, and the whiskers, and the nose..."

whatever. i'm not ashamed.

maybe i'll have some things to post about halloweenie things. maybe not. and i'll leave you with that suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...